Reality / Facts
SPECIAL AUTONOMY IS KILLING MACHINE AND DESTROYING FUTURE OF WEST PAPUA PEOPLE
“Papua is a rotting wound on the body of the Indonesian nation … we will be exposed in front of the civilized world, as a savage nation, a nation that kills the Papuan people” (Prof. Franz Magnis).
The author consistently and constantly perpetuates in each article by quoting Prof. Franz Magnis, because according to Papuans that the assessment of Prof. This magnis depicts the true face of Indonesian atrocities and crimes in Papua since May 1, 1963 until now. If this kind of assessment is conveyed by indigenous Papuans, then the Indonesian colonial authorities easily avoided and hid themselves by saying that it was the voice of separatist people, this is the basis of the writer’s thought.
Prof. assessment. Dr. Franz Magnis in full as the author cites it as follows:
“There is an impression that Papuans are treated as if they are not recognized as human. We remember the heinous murder of Theys Eluay in the car that was offered to him to return home from a Kopassus reception. “
“The situation in Papua is bad, abnormal, uncivilized and embarrassing, because it is closed to foreign media. Papua is a rotting wound on the body of the Indonesian nation. ” (p. 255).
“… we will be exposed in front of the civilized world, as a savage nation, a nation that kills the Papuan people, even though we are not using sharp weapons.” (p. 257). (Source: Franz: Nationality, Democracy, Pluralism of Interest in Actual Political Ethics, 2015).
There is a paradox between the facts presented by Prof. Magnis with the rhetoric of the Special Autonomy law from the regents of Tabi-Saireri on August 24, 2020. Item 1 of 11 statements from the regents of Tabi-Saireri:
“Special Autonomy for Papua is a legal instrument to create justice, welfare, equality of dignity, independence, harmony and peace for indigenous Papuans.”
What was conveyed by the regents from the Tabi and Saireri regions was actually
mandate of the 2001 Special Autonomy Law concerning protection, affirmative, empowerment, recognition of the basic rights of indigenous Papuans (recognition).
1. Have the following 20 years of Special Autonomy been implemented any efforts: Protection, Affirmative Action, Recognition, Empowering?
2. Has there been a sense of justice, prosperity, equal dignity, independence, harmony and peace for indigenous Papuans for 20 years?
The Papuan people know that the 2001 Special Autonomy Law was not born because of asking for money. The 2001 Special Autonomy Law is not a financial law. Special Autonomy was born because the people of Papua wish to be independent from Indonesia. Otsus is a win win solution (middle way solution).
The golden momentum for Special Autonomy in 2001 is gone. Now the Papuan people are being cheated by the Indonesian authorities. In turn some indigenous Papuans are being used to maintain the “grave” which is nice outside but inside the grave is a stinking bone full of worms.
The Spirit of Special Autonomy such as: Local Parties, Flags, Truth and Reconciliation Commission (KKR) were thwarted by the Indonesian government. There was racial discrimination, Aceh was given room to fly the Aceh GAM flag and there were local parties. Make Aceh Merdeka (GAM) become as a partner in peace dialogue with the Indonesian government mediated by a third party in Helsinki on 15 August 2005.
This injustice is due to racism as the heart of the atrocities and crimes of the Indonesian colonial rulers in Papua since May 1, 1963 until now.
Pachrul Razi, Senator of the Regional Representative Council (DPD) of the Republic of Indonesia from Aceh told reporters: “We must be honest and have the courage to state the truth that gross human rights violations have occurred in Papua. Give Papua very broad autonomy. Because I see Papua’s current special autonomy not autonomy In fact. So, no longer be promised about Otsus. I see that Otsus ends in deceit too “(Source: Mediatimor.com, 24 November 2019).
B. EVIDENCE OF STATE Cruelty in Special Autonomy
Noble and esteemed readers. The author presents some data as evidence of state atrocities in Papua’s Special Autonomy. The people and nation of West Papua from Sorong-Merauke reject Otsus with the coffin of “ALMARHUM OTSUS”, the Papuan Church Council (WPCC) says: “SPECIAL AUTONOMY IS DEAD.” There is a crystallizing voice in the OAP that Special Autonomy has failed.
Is it true that the voice of the late Otsus, Special Autonomy is dead, Special Autonomy has failed?
Dear readers, please follow the answers to these questions as well as the facts of the statements made by Prof. Franz Magnis-Suseno, that “Papua is a rotting wound on the body of the Indonesian nation … we will be exposed in front of the civilized world, as a savage nation, a nation that kills the Papuan people.”
The savagery and cruelty of Indonesia’s modern colonial rulers who occupied and colonized indigenous Papuans (OAP) was proven that in the Papua Special Automomy also the Indonesian military operation in Nduga-Papua was ordered by the State. President of the Republic of Indonesia, Ir. Joko Widodo gave orders for the TNI to carry out the December 2018-2020 operation.
The Indonesian President ordered: “Arrest all the perpetrators of the shootings in Papua. Down to the root” (Source: DetikNews / 5/12/2028).
The President was also supported by Vice President H. Jusuf Kalla and he ordered: “This case, yes, the police and the TNI were operating on a large scale, because this is clearly them, the armed group who shot.” (Source: Tribunnews.com/6/12/2018).
The military operation order from the President of the Republic of Indonesia was supported by the Chairman of the Indonesian House of Representatives, Bambang Soesatyo: “… the DPR proposes the government to establish Military Operations other than the war in Papua.” (Source: Kompas.com/13/12/2018).
The military operation order was strengthened by Menkopolhukam, H. Dr. Wiranto: “Regarding the KKB in Nduga Papua, we will finish them off.” (Kompas.com/13/12/2018).
In Special Autonomy there is the construction of new Kodim and Koramil throughout Papua. For example: Kodim 1714 Puncak Jaya, Kodim 1715 Yahukimo, Battalion 756 Jayawijaya, Koramil 1715 Kenyam, Nduga and many more in Tanah Papua from Sorong-Merauke.
There are several Polres construction, such as: Puncak Jaya Police, Lanny Jaya Police, Tolikara Police, Intan Jaya Police, Yahukimo Police, Polres and many more from Sorong-Merauke.
Puncak Polres which cost more than 13 billion. This is in accordance with the recognition of the Papua Police Chief, General Pol. Paulus Waterpauw, who entered the author’s cellphone:
“Dear Chief of Police, for permission to report, we are currently with the Military Commander in Puncak Ilaga Regency in order to carry out the inauguration of the Ilaga Puncak Regency Police, assisted by the Puncak Ilaga Regional Government budget for more than 13 M since 2016, yesterday we also participated in laying the first stone of the Ilaga Puncak Military Command in the District. Gome Kab Puncak, the development dump will be implemented in the first Ksp Kapolda Papua. ” (Source: WashApp Kapolda Papua, 21 July 2020).
The question is the source of funds from which Kodim and Polres were built in each new district in the era of Special Autonomy? Do the Papuan people need the construction of the Kodim and Polres in each district?
Did the 13 billion more funds from the Puncak regional government come from the 2001 Special Autonomy fund or the APBD or APDN funds?
Military operations in Nduga Regency from December 2018 to 2020, military operations are continuing. As a result, 205 people died because they were shot by the TNI and died in refugee camps due to starvation. Nearly 37,000 Nduga natives fled their hometowns and fled to Lanny Jaya, Timika, Ilaga and Jayawijaya.
On September 20, 2020, the Indonesian National Army (TNI) shot dead Elias Karunggu (40) and Selu Karunggu (20) on the bank of the Kenyem river, in the village of Meganggorak, Nduga. The reason was that the father and son were suspected by the TNI as members of the West Papua National Liberation Army (TPN-PB).
On December 19, 2018, the TNI shot dead Pastor Geyimin Nigiri (83), a Church figure and a Church Pioneer Church Pioneer in Nduga Regency. The TNI shot dead and burned Geyimin’s body by pouring kerosene on the back of his house.
There is a story of a pregnant woman who is very sad and touches the conscience of all of us due to the Indonesian Military Operation in Nduga.
“I gave birth to a child in the middle of the forest on December 4, 2018. Many people thought my child had died. It turned out that my child was still breathing. My child is sick, has difficulty breathing and has a cough with phlegm. It was very cold in the forest, so when we walked again, I felt that my baby had not moved. We thought he was dead. The family has given up. A family asked me to throw my child away because he thought he was dead.
But I still love and carry my child. Yes, if I really die, I have to bury my child properly even in the forest. As I kept carrying my baby, my brother made a fire and heated the leaves of the tree, and the heated leaves he stuck them all over my baby’s body. After the brothers put the heated leaves on the fire, my baby breathed and drank milk.
We were scared because the TNI continued to shoot at our hiding place. We continued walking in the forest and we searched for a cave that we could hide in. So, I just arrived from Kuyawagi, Lanny Jaya Regency. We have been in Kuyawagi since early December 2018. Before going to Kuyawagi, we lived in the forest without eating enough food for several weeks. We are very hard and suffering on our own land. ” (Source: Suara Papua, 8 June 2019).
During a military operation in Nduga, the TNI shot dead 5 civilians on 20 September 2019 at Kenbobo Mountain Cave, Inye District and their bodies were buried in a grave. The names of the dead victims: (1) Yuliana Dorongi (35 / Female), (2) Yulince Bugi (25 / Female; (3) Masen Kusumburue (26 / Female; (4) Tolop Bugi (13 / Female; (5) Hardius Bugi (15 / L). (Official source: Theo Hesegem, Papuan Human Integrity Justice and Peace Foundation).
In the Tolikara case, Friday, July 17 2015, 11 people were shot by Indonesian security forces and 10 people were injured. 1 person named Endi Wanimbo died at the hands of Indonesian security forces.
In this case, racism, injustice and gross human rights violations were proven. Racism and injustice can be seen by the Commander of the TNI, the Chief of Police, the Minister of Social Affairs who come to Tolikara district only to take care of the immigrants in Tolikara, take care of the burning logs and senk kiosks. Because the kiosk is used as a place of worship (Musolah). The mosque was on fire, not on fire. The TNI Commander, National Police Chief and Minister of Social Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia did not question the 10 people who were injured as a result of being shot by the Indonesian security forces and 1 Endi Wanimbo who was killed.
The victims died in a peaceful demonstration against racism on 19 August-23 September 2019. The peaceful demonstration against racism was triggered by the events of RASISM that took place on 15-17 August 2019 in Semarang, Malang and Yogyakarta which were carried out by radical mass organizations such as: Front Pembela Islam (FPI), Pemuda Pancasila (PP), members of the Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI) and the Indonesian Military Retired Boys and Girls Communication Forum (FKPP).
(1) Marselino Samon (15) high school student was stabbed to death on August 29, 2019 behind the Jayapura Post Office. (2) Evert Mofu (21), a container warehouse guard on August 29, 2019, was hacked on the head and died on the spot in Telkom, Jayapura City. (3) Maikel Kareth (21), a 7th semester Uncen student on August 31, 2019, was shot in the back with a live bullet. (4) Oktovianus Mote (21) Student of STIKOM Muhamadiah on August 30, 2019, the bodies were stored in the freezer at Bhayangkara Hospital and the bodies were taken by the family on September 25, 2019.
All of these victims died from the hands of the militia, the red and white ranks and the Nusantara association. This criminal group moves freely without being hindered by the security apparatus of the TNI and Polri. There are still many serious and minor injuries suffered by indigenous Papuans. It appears that the Indonesian security forces are ignoring the city’s criminals and it seems that the city’s criminal groups are protected by the TNI-Polri.
Have Indonesian police officers arrested these criminals? If so, when were you arrested? Who did the murder? Where are these criminals being held? Where is the judicial process carried out?
Racial discrimination and INJUSTICE as the heart of the crime of the Republic of Indonesia walking naked is clearly illustrated by the arrest of (1) Bucthar Tabuni (Declarator and Deputy Chair II of the ULMWP) – (2) Agus Kossay (Chairman of the KNPB) – (3) Steven Itlay (Chairman KNPB Timika) – (4) Alex Gobay (President
USTJ Student Executive Board) – (5) Fery Gombo (President of the UNCEN Student Executive Board) – (6) Irwanus Uropmabin (Student), and (7). Hengky Hilapok (Student) and (8) Basoka Logo (ULMWP Executive).
Examples of state atrocities are proven by 4 students in Paniai who were shot dead by the Indonesian National Army (TNI) on December 8, 2014. The names of students who died at the hands of the TNI: Simon Degey (17), Apinus Gobay (16), Alfius Youw (18) and Yulianus Yeimo (17). President of the Republic of Indonesia Ir. Joko Widodo promised to solve this case, but until now the shooting case has not been resolved.
TNI officers on duty in Fayit District, Asmat Regency on Monday 27 May 2019 killed four civilians, among them Xaverius Sai (40), Nilolaus Tupa (38), Matias Amunep (16), and Fredrikus Inepi (35). However, the perpetrators were never processed because the perpetrators were TNI who were above the law in Indonesia.
The TNI also made HOAX news about the death of Pastor Elisa Tabuni at the hands of elite Kopassus TNI troops under the leadership of Lt. Col. Inf. Yogi Gunawan in Tingginambut, Puncak Jaya, August 16, 2004. The TNI spread hoaxes in the military-controlled mass media, that Reverend Elisa Tabuni was shot dead by the TPN-PB OPM leader Goliat Tabuni. The fact that I found directly in the field, was that the elite TNI Kopassus troops tied Pastor Elisa Tabuni’s hands and was shot dead in front of his son’s eyes.
TNI troops 756 serving in Tingginambut, Mulia, Puncak Jaya also shot Omanggen Wonda dead on January 31, 2008. I went to protest to TNI troops 757 and they denied it, but I already have data that the perpetrator of the crime is TNI 756.
Indonesian police security forces shot dead Yesaya Mirin (21 / lk), a Cenderawasih University student and had his neck broken and his face destroyed on June 4, 2012 in Sentani, Jayapura.
Imanuel Piniel Taplo (20 / lk) died in Yowari Hospital, Jayapura, on 6 June 2012 as a result of being tortured and his face was crushed from the hands of the Indonesian police on 4 June 2012 and his left shoulder was seriously injured and bleeding so much that his life could not be helped.
Kelly Kwalik died at the hands of TNI-Densus 88 and Police on December 16, 2009. The reason for the shooting of Kelly Kwalik was violent at the Tembagapura Mine, Freeport. After Kelly Kwalik died at the hands of criminals from the TNI-Polri and Densus 88, the violence in the gold mine area never stopped.
There was deprivation and exclusion of basic rights in the political field of indifenous Papuans. Example:
1. Sarmi District 20 seats: 13 migrants and 7 indigenous Papuans (OAP).
2 Kab Boven Digul 20 seats: 16 immigrants and OAP 4 people
3. Asmat District 25 seats: 11 people migrants and 14 OAP people
4. Mimika Regency 35 seats: 17 migrants and OAP 18 people
5. Fakfak District, 20 seats: 12 migrants and 8 OAP people.
6. Raja Ampat District 20 seats: 11 people migrants and 9 OAP people.
7. Kab Sorong 25 seats: Migrants 19 people and OAP 6 people.
8. Teluk Wondama Regency 25 seats: 14 migrants and OAP 11 people.
9. Merauke Regency 30 seats: Migrants 27 people and OAP only 3 people.
10. Kab. South Sorong 20 seats. 17 migrants and OAP 3 people.
11. Kab. Slide 25 seats: 18 migrants and OAP 7 people.
12. Kota Jayapura 40 seats: Migrants 27 people and OAP 13 people.
13. Kab. Keerom 20 seats. Migrants 13 people and OAP 7 people.
14. Kab. Jayapura 25 seats. 18 migrants and 7 OAP people.
There is also malnutrition in Special Autonomy 2001. The Special Rapporteur for the Right to Food of the United Nations Human Rights Council, Hilal Elver, called the case of malnutrition that befell the Asmat tribes in Papua as a tragic incident.
“I want to draw your attention to a very tragic incident. In the last few months, 72 children died in Asmat District, Papua – 66 children died from measles and 6 others from malnutrition,” (CNN Jakarta source, Wednesday (18) / 4/2018).
“Because this is a shame for a country that has good economic development and abundant resources, but still has its citizens who suffer from malnutrition.”
The malnutrition and death of the indigenous Papuans contradicts the false promise of the Indonesian government in implementing the 1969 Annex 1 Act which was reported by the UN representative, Dr. Fernando Ortiz Sanz from Bolivia and Annex II of the Indonesian government’s version of the report are very contradictory to the Annex 1 report. The Indonesian Minister of Home Affairs Amir Machmud at the implementation of the Pepera on July 14, 1969 in Merauke in front of the participants of the Pepera Deliberation Council delivered a false promise. “… the Indonesian government, is willing and able to protect for the Welfare of the people of West Irian, therefore, there is no other choice, but to stay with Indonesia.”
3. BACKGROUND OF SPECIAL AUTHONOMY LAW
The background of the birth of the Law of the Republic of Indonesia concerning Special Autonomy Number 21 of 2001 is because
After the fall of Soeharto’s power in 1998, all the people and nation of West Papua closed ranks and built joint strength and demanded independence and full sovereignty of the West Papuan people by peacefully flying the Morning Star flag throughout Papua. Many of the people’s victims fell at the hands of the TNI-Polri.
1. The Team 100 delegation representing the people and nation of West Papua in a meeting with Prof. Dr. B.J. Habibie at the State Palace of the Republic of Indonesia on February 26, 1999.
“… we honestly declare to the President of the Republic of Indonesia, that there is no other alternative to negotiating or considering the will of the Indonesian government to develop Papua in the context of the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia. So today, Friday, February 26, 1999, to the President of the Republic Indonesia, we the people of West Papua declare that:
First, we, the people of West Papua, wish to leave the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia and to become independent and fully sovereign among other nations on earth. “
Second, immediately form a transitional government in West Papua under the supervision of the United Nations (UN) in a democratic, peaceful and responsible manner, not later than March 1999.
Third, if no resolution has been reached for this political statement in points one and two, then;
(1) immediately hold international negotiations between the Government of the Republic of Indonesia, the Nation of West Papua, and the United Nations (UN);
(2) We, the people of West Papua, declare that we will not participate in the general elections of the Republic of Indonesia in 1999.
2. Large Deliberation (MUBES) February 23-26 2000.
Of the 7 points of decision of MUBES participants, in point 4 it is stated:
“That we, the people of West Papua, after integrating with Indonesia through the implementation of unfair and fraudulent warfare, and after 36 years in the Republic of Indonesia, the West Papuan people have experienced cruel and inhuman treatments: gross violations of human rights, murder, rape, ignorance, impoverishment, social and legal injustice that lead to the ethnic and genocide culture of the West Papuan people, then we on the basis of the foregoing declare our will to choose independence-separate ourselves from the Republic of Indonesia to return to our original status as a nation and Papua, 1 December 1961. “
3. The Second National Congress of the People and Nation of West Papua, 26 May – 4 June 2000
This congress, which was funded by the President of the Republic of Indonesia, Abdulrrahman Wahid, decided on several points of political decisions as follows:
1. The Papuan people have been sovereign as a nation and a state since December 1, 1961.
2. The Papuan people through the Second Congress rejected the 1962 New York Agreement which was legally flawed and morally flawed because it did not involve representatives of the Papuan people.
3. The Papuan nation through Congress II rejects the results of the war, because it is carried out under threats, intimidation, sadistic killings, military violence and immoral acts beyond the boundaries of humanity. Therefore, the Papuan people demanded the UN to revoke UN Resolution No. 2504 dated 19 December 1969.
4. Indonesia, the Netherlands, the United States and the United Nations must recognize the legal rights and sovereignty of the West Papuan Nation based on historical, legal and socio-cultural studies.
5. Crimes against humanity in West Papua that occurred as a result of an international political conspiracy involving Indonesia, the Netherlands, the United States and the United Nations, must be thoroughly investigated and the perpetrators brought to justice in international courts.
6. The United Nations, the US and the Netherlands should review their involvement in the process of Indonesia’s annexation of West Papua and convey the results honestly, fairly and correctly to the Papuan people on 1 December 2000.
Noble and esteemed readers. The Special Autonomy Law Number 21 Year 2001 did not come down from heaven alone. Special Autonomy 2001 was born because of the demands of the people and people of West Papua for independence and sovereignty.
It became clear and clear that the background of the birth of Special Autonomy through the process of Team 100, Mubes 23-26 February 2000 and the Second National Congress of the people and nation of West Papua on 26 May-4 June 2000, namely the people and nation of West Papua declared their right to independence and sovereignty. on December 1, 1961.
4. THE FOUR ROOT OF PAPUA PROBLEM
The rotting wound on the body of the Indonesian nation is the 4 main root cause of Papua’s problems. The Government of the Republic of Indonesia failed to solve the 4 root causes of Papua’s problems formulated by the Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) which are contained in the book Papua Road Map: Negociating the Past, Improving the Present and Securing the Future (2008), namely:
1) History and political status of the integration of Papua into Indonesia;
(2) State violence and gross human rights violations since 1965 that have not been resolved;
(3) Discrimination and marginalization of indigenous Papuans in their own land;
(4) Development failure includes education, health, and the economy of the Papuan people.
Noble and esteemed readers. The Special Autonomy Law Number 21 Year 2001 for Papua did not come down from heaven alone. Special Autonomy 2001 was born because of the demands of the people and people of West Papua for full independence and sovereignty politically.
Atrocities and violence and crimes by the State of Indonesia against OAP so far have given rise to the attitudes of the people and people of West Papua in four positions as follows:
(1) DISTRUST (distrust) of Indonesia;
(2) DISOBEDIENCE (Non-compliance), l towards Indonesia;
(3) REJECTION (Rejection) to Indonesia; and
(4) RESISTANCE (Resistance) to the Indonesian rulers from the people and nation of West Papua from Sorong-Merauka.
From this position, the Indonesian ruler does not have the social trust capital in the dynamics of the people and nation of West Papua.
The way to solve 4 problems as the tyranny of Indonesian rulers and the longest and longest human tragedy in Asia and the Pacific experienced by Indigenous Papuans, the 57 Papuan Indigenous Catholic Priests and the Papuan Church Council (WPCC) stood with prophetic voice positions as follows:
1. On July 21, 2020, 57 Papuan Indigenous Catholic Pastors stated: WE REQUEST THE INDONESIAN GOVERNMENT TO END THE SUSTAINING CONFLICT IN OUR-PAPUA’S OWN LANDS BY DIALOGUE. As far as we have seen and heard and followed on social media, all elements of the Grassroots Community in Papua, they are asking the Indonesian Government to DIALOGUE WITH ULMWP MEDIATED BY AN NEUTRAL THIRD PARTY, as has been done with GAM in Aceh.
2. The Papuan Council of Churches requests the World Council of Churches (WCC) to promote a dignified and peaceful dialogue between the Government of the Republic of Indonesia and the United Liberation Movement for West Papua (ULMWP) in resolving the political history of the 1969 Pepera involving a more neutral third party. ” Letter dated, February 16, 2019).
3. The Papuan Church Council requests justice from the government of the Republic of Indonesia to resolve the Papua problem that Indonesia has shown for GAM in Aceh. Vice President Yusuf Kalla plays an active role in supporting the dialogue with GAM which is internationally mediated. Therefore, we demand that the Indonesian government dialogue with ULMWP mediated by a neutral third party. (Contents of the letter dated, 26 August 2019)
4. The Papuan Church Council urges the Indonesian Government to immediately open up negotiations with ULMWP as the Indonesian Government has made GAM in ACEH a Negotiation Partner mediated by a third party; as the only best solution to bring permanent peace in the Land of Papua, according to the Shepherd’s call which was read out on August 26, 2019 and handed over directly to the TNI and KAPOLRI Commander at the Swiss-Bell Hotel Jayapura. (Contents of the letter September 13, 2019).
In short: RI-ULMWP sit at one unconditional negotiating table mediated by a third party in a neutral place. For example, RI-GAM in Helsinki on August 15, 2005.
Ita Wakhu Purom, 26 August 2020
1. President of the Communion of West Papua Baptist Churches.
2. Member: Papua Church Council (WPCC).
3. Baptist World Alliance (BWA) members.